Monday, June 26, 2006

progressing...




I went to my apartment this weekend and checked out where things are. So, the kitchen tiles are in and the old wood floor tiles have been ripped up. The kitchen cabinets are up. But, they do need to be taken down and have a five inch wall put up to accommodate pipes that stick out too far from the wall. Of course, this costs more money. The flow of money just doesn't seem to end. Unfortunately, it is flowing the wrong way. From the pics, you can get a sense of what it will look like. The kitchen tiles are actually white, but appear tan in this picture. They used a light grout to match the light wood floors and cabinets. I had envisioned my apartment with darkwood, but everyone warned of how that would make my place look even smaller than it already is. So, I had my doubts on the light wood, but decided to go in that direction. After seeing my cabinets up, I feel much better with the light colors. That tall box in the center of my kitchen is my refrigerator. Oh, the contractor is wrapping my hot water pipe with twine. You can see that half of it is done. He ran out. Surprisingly, he's not charging for it. I'm sure he felt bad because he's charging me so much for everything else. Anyway, this is the next stage. Everything is a little more cleaned up. The lines are cleaner. Things are starting to take shape.

No comments: