Wednesday, June 21, 2006

demolition



It finally began after fighting to get my permits, licenses, and go ahead from the management office. I started the renovations three months later than I had planned due to the incompetence of others. The first things to go were the walls. The wall that separated the kitchen from the living space, the closet, and the small walls that stuck into the living space were all taken out to open the space up. It was quite weird to see my place in this state. The only thing that won't be touched is the bathroom. All floors are being replaced. Walls repainted. Everything in the kitchen is being replaced. I'm excited because I'm going with bamboo floors which I didn't think I'd be able to afford. They were actually at Home Depot in the price range my contractors included in the price. Oh yeah, no shoes will be permitted inside the apartment. At this moment, the tiles in the kitchen are done. All new appliances are there except for the oven. Cabinets are in, but need to be removed because a false wall that needs to be placed in to accommodate a deep oven.

2 comments:

kaNO! said...

Chengsta, I'm glad your bloggin your progress, this way I can keep posted in your real estate dwelings. That's crazy man, I don't know if I would af had the guts to tell someone to rip up my new home hehehehehe. I'm sure it's gonna look hot when it's done. I'm totally gonna crash at your pad when I'm walking around drunk in the lower east side at 3 in the morning.

Gaw said...

Evan,

I'm happy for you that it finally started. I'm sure it's going to look great at the end. Look at the mess!!

Gaw