Sunday, August 03, 2008

Yaay, Blueray!

I finally did it. Took the dive and picked up a PS3. I picked up the 80Gig version. We do the Netflixing, so the Blu-rayness of the system was the biggest plus. I have to say that our first Blu-ray experience wasn't a very good one. The video stuck at crucial points. Thank goodness it wasn't one of those movies that it mattered for. But, the video and sound quality is amazing. I'm hoping future movies play smoother. Of course, the PS3 can play games as well. I don't like sports or RPG games, so that really doesn't allow me to see the systems full potential in gaming. But, I do enjoy my driving and racing games. But, mostly, this system will be used to watch movies. I really bought a Blu-ray player with gaming capabilities. The system itself is heavy as hell compared to other systems. It's pretty big too. I'm sure the size will be halfed in a month or two. It comes with one wireless game controller. And, amazingly, it was bundled with a game. Unfortunately, it was a RPG game. So, I picked up a used driving game for $20 in Chinatown. Nice! So far, I'm still loving it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wish we could have hung out and watched a whole blueray movie or gotten in some racing. Next time. It was great to get to see you and June a couple time while we were in NYC. You'll have to come back to Boston sometime soon. One other thing, we really liked your desk chair, where's that from?

evan said...

It was great seeing you and Leela too. Wish you guys could have experienced the Blu-ray too, but it seemed that you guys had a lot planned. Next time. And, for the chair, check out my post on Sept of 2007. That should cover what you want to know. Let me know if you have anymore questions.