Saturday, January 01, 2011

Xmas 2010

It's been a long time since I've posted something up on this blog. But, I thought it time to pick it up again. I figured this to be as good of a time as any. So, I'm starting it off with my Christmas gifts that wifey got me.


iPod Nano G6! This thing is awesome! Music, photos, clock face, FM tuner, and more! As a New Yorker, I've found this little gadget even more handy. Let me explain. One day, as I was wandering around picking up some last minute gifts, I entered a store pressing what I thought was a stop button on my headphones. I shopped for a bit and made my way to the subway. Next thing I know, as I entered the subway, the radio kept on playing. I came to realize that I didn't stop the radio, but instead paused it. Yes, pausing live radio. The Nano was recording the whole time I was in the store and therefore continued to play the whole time I was in the subway. For those of you in cities that have... more updated subway systems, the New York systems have no signals underground. So, having radio continue as I entered the subway was quite a pleasant surprise. Pausing live radio is only one of the many nice features on the Nano. If you've had an iPod and enjoyed it, I would definitely recommend the Nano.


And, with the Nano, wifey included headphones. These are the Tour series of the Beats by Dr. Dre headphones. It came with all kinds of fittings and what not to make sure the buds fit your ears perfectly. And, the wiring is by Monster Cable and it doesn't get tangled up. Nice! I'm no audiophile, but I do like these headphones. Highs and mids are great. And, of course, the bass is deep and full. On top of all that, it has controls and a mic for use with the iPod and iPhone. This was the button I pushed in the story above. Needless to say, I'm enjoying the combo of these headphones and the Nano. If you like full sound and not the giant head gear DJ headphones, this is for you.

As many have been doing, I'm going to use the Nano as a watch. I've pre-ordered my wrist strap and it should come in... several weeks. Keep an eye out for it.

Happy New Years and may 2011 bring you all great things!

1 comment:

Alysimone said...

hey, i got a nano from the significant other for xmas as well...sans the cool earphones. but i loves it.