Friday, September 15, 2006

a touch of Ikea...

So, we've been taking a lot of trips out to Ikea. They've just got the right products at the right price. I thought I'd show a few items to show how they would look in a actual home. Here, I have the Grundtal wall storage system install above my tiny counter. I needed raised storage in order to give the counter a cleaner feel. I'm actually the most thrilled about the dish rack. It folds up when not in use. Very very useful in a mini kitchen. :)Here is the Lyngby rug. I looked around for a bit for a rug that would work. I was iffy about many rugs. Once I saw this rug, it clicked. It's nice and soft. And, it has a soft bottom side as well, which is good for the floors. And, in the background, you see the Lack shelf on its side with the legs. Yes, I will be cleaning the wires up behind my "entertainment center". :)
This is my temperary dining set that my sister donated to me. I actually like it a lot. It has a small tea house feel. I wish I could find two more of those stools. They're actually a older Ikea item, but they are not offered anymore. The table is actually a Lack table. Side table, I think. But, it works well as my kitchen table. Simple and clean lines. Nice!!

2 comments:

Tumblewords: said...

You have a fun place, here and there. I have an old Ikea catalogue that has drool marks all over it. That's as close as I came to having neat stuff. Grin.

evan said...

Thanks! Ikea has just worked out as a good alternative to the too expensive ultra modern hip places around the city. If you have a weekend day to spare and a few things you need for the home, Ikea is a nice little day trip. Go early. There's a lot less people. :)


e