Tuesday, April 08, 2008

creating space

I keep on buying things and my place remains the same size. So, until I can afford to purchase another room, I have to just make room. So, I have a Dahon folding bike. It folds small enough. But, in a 500sqft apartment, it's a little challenging to find space for it. I wanted to hang it off the wall or the ceiling, but that requires drilling into concrete. I'm not ready for that. So, I had to sit it somewhere on the ground. I decided to put it by the entrance. BUT, I can't place it directly on my bamboo floor because it would mark it up. I had some extra FLOR tiles left over from when I created my "lawn". So, I decided to extend a 14" wide strip out from the lawn for the bike to sit on. And, this is what you see in the picture.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Evan,

That looks very clean. Another option would be to get a freestanding bike holder. I've seen them at Target and other places. They have a pedestal and will hold up to 2 full size bikes, one above the other. Naturally, this means it would easily accommodate your Dahon as well as your bike helmet and other cycling gear. Price: about $29 US

evan said...

Hi Larry, I have looked into those bike racks. The one I'd want to get would probably involve drilling. And, I'm just not ready to drill into my ceiling yet. But, I might go that way in the future. Thanks for the suggestion.

e

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de Plasma, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-de-plasma.blogspot.com. A hug.